Recently, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister of India has approved the establishment of an autonomous body Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat).
About Mera Yuva Bharat:
- It is an autonomous body that will benefit the youth in the age group of 15-29 years, in line with the definition of ‘Youth’ in the National Youth Policy.
- In case of programme components specifically meant for the adolescents, the beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
- It will help in Setting the focus of the Government on Youth Led development and to make the Youth “active drivers” of development and not merely “passive recipients”.
- It will be launched on 31st October, 2023 on National Unity Day.
- The primary objective of Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) is to make it a whole Government platform for youth development.
- Under the new arrangement, with access to resources & connection to opportunities, youth would become community change agents and nation builders allowing them to act as the Yuva Setu between the Government and the citizens.
- It seeks to harness the immense youth energy for nation building.
- Mera Yuva Bharat supported by a technology platform would help to increase the Youth outreach efforts of the Department of Youth Affairs.
Q1:What is an autonomous body?
It is an independent entity established by the government or another governing body to carry out specific functions or activities with a degree of autonomy from direct government control. These organizations are typically created to handle specialized tasks, provide services, or manage particular sectors efficiently.