Recently, the Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying launched Nandi - NOC Approval for New Drug and Inoculation System portal at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
About NANDI Portal:
It is developed by the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) in collaboration with the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) through the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing CDAC.
Significance of the portal:
- It will streamline the regulatory approval process for veterinary products.
- It will enhance transparency and efficiency in assessing and examining proposals for veterinary drugs and vaccines.
- It will be more streamlined through seamless integration with the SUGAM portal of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization.
- It will promote the well-being of livestock and the livestock industry.
- It will bring about growth and innovation by enabling quick and easy coordination between various Government Departments, Institutes
Key Facts about Central Drugs Standard Control Organization
- It is the National Regulatory Authority (NRA) of India for the medical devices industry under the provisions of the Drugs & Cosmetics Rules.
- It works under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) is the head of the CDSCO.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, CDSCO is responsible for:
- Approval of New Drugs;
- Conduct Clinical Trials;
- Laying down the standards for Drugs;
- Control over the quality of imported Drugs in the country;
Q1) What is Veterinary science?
Veterinary science, also known as veterinary medicine or animal health, is a branch of medical science that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and injuries in animals. Veterinarians are professionals trained in veterinary science and provide medical care to various animals, including pets, livestock, wildlife, and exotic animals.