National Ayush Mission (NAM)

CalendarToday
timer
1 min read
National Ayush Mission (NAM) Blog Image

Overview:

The Ministry of Ayush is organizing a two day National Ayush Mission Conclave in New Delhi.

About National Ayush Mission:

  • It aims to enhance the availability, accessibility, and quality of Ayush healthcare services across the country through Ayush Health Wellness centers (AHWCs) as part of Ayushman Bharat scheme.
  • Mandatory Components:
    • AYUSH Services
    • AYUSH Educational Institutions
    • Quality Control of ASU &H Drugs
    • Medicinal Plants
  • Union Cabinet has approved the operationalization of 12,500 Ayush HWCs by upgrading existing Ayush Dispensaries / Health Sub-centre through State/UT Governments in Centrally Sponsored Scheme in a phased manner.
  • Resource Allocation Framework:
    • For AYUSH Services, Educational Institutions and Quality Control of ASU&H Drugs:-
      • For special Category states- Grant-in-aid component will be 90% from Govt. of India and remaining 10% is proposed to be the State contribution.
      • For other States/UTs the sharing pattern will be 75%:25%.
    • For Medicinal Plants:
      • This component will be financed 100% by Central Government in North Eastern State and hilly State.
      • In other states, it will be shared in the ratio of 90:10 between Centre and States.
  • It was launched in 2014 under Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.

 


Q1) How are hills formed?

Natural hills are formed all the time, by different types of geologic activity. One of these activities is faulting, which happens because the rocks underneath the Earth's surface are constantly moving and changing the landscape. Hills formed by faulting can eventually become mountains.

Source: Shri Sarbananda Sonowal to inaugurate two-day National Ayush Mission (NAM) Conclave in New Delhi