Recently, the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) said it will continue National Bio Energy Programme till 2025-26.
About National Bio Energy Programme:
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) notified the National Bioenergy Programme on November 2, 2022.
- The Programme has been recommended for implementation in two Phases. The Phase-I of the Programme has been approved with a budget outlay of Rs. 858 crore.
- The programme will aid the use of huge surplus biomass, cattle dung, and industrial and urban biowaste available in the country for energy recovery.
- The National Bioenergy Programme will include the three Sub-schemes:
- Waste to Energy Programme (Programme on Energy from Urban, Industrial and Agricultural Wastes /Residues) to support setting up of large Biogas, BioCNG and Power plants (excluding MSW to Power projects).
- Biomass Programme (Scheme to Support Manufacturing of Briquettes & Pellets and Promotion of Biomass (non-bagasse) based cogeneration in Industries) to support setting up of pellets and briquettes for use in power generation and non-bagasse based power generation projects.
- Biogas Programme to support setting up of family and medium size Biogas in rural areas.
Source : The Economic Times