About the National Career Service portal:
- National Career Service is one of the mission-mode projects under the umbrella of the E-Governance Plan.
- It was launched in the year 2015.
- Objectives: It works towards bridging the gap between job-seekers and employers, candidates seeking training and career guidance and agencies providing training and career counselling by transforming the National Employment Service.
- It provides a host of career-related services such as dynamic job matching, career counselling, job notifications, vocational guidance, and information on skill development courses, internships and alike.
- The focus areas for the National Career Service platform are listed below:
- Enhancing Career and employment opportunities
- Counselling and guidance for career development
- Focusing on decent employment
- Enhancing female labour force participation
- Encouraging entrepreneurial endeavours
- Nodal Agency: The project is being implemented by the Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment.
Q1: What is E-governance?
E-governance also known as electronic governance, refers to the use of electronic and digital technologies to facilitate and enhance the delivery of government services, information, and communication to citizens, businesses, and other stakeholders.