Union Ministry of Tourism in co-ordination with Ministry of Home Affairs and the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) is organising the national conference of director generals/inspector generals of police department of all states and Union territories “in connection with implementation of uniform Tourist Police Scheme at pan India level.
About National Conference on Tourist Police Scheme:
- The agenda of the Conference is implementation of uniform Tourist Police Scheme at pan-India level for developing the tourist specific policing.
- It also aim to provide safer ecosystem to the foreign and domestic tourists in and around tourist destinations.
Tourist Police Scheme:
- Under the scheme, a pool of trained policemen would be made available to render policing service to the tourists and would control the crimes at the places of tourist interest.
- The rules of the district police of the concerned state shall be applicable to the Tourist Police, unless the contrary appears from the content or from rules in this scheme.
- Tourist Police Station will work under the jurisdiction of district police (Superintendent of Police) for all policing purpose.
Source : PIB