The National Energy Conservation Day is celebrated every year on 14th December 2022.
About National Energy Conservation Day 2022:
- The purpose is to showcase the achievements of the nation in energy efficiency and conservation.
National Energy Conservation Award 2022:
- To raise awareness about energy efficiency and its conservation, the BEE, under the guidance of Ministry of Power, recognizes and encourages endeavours of industrial units, institutions, and establishments in reducing energy consumption by felicitating them with Energy Conservation Awards on the occasion of National Energy Conservation Day, celebrated on 14th December every year.
National Energy Efficiency Innovation Awards (NEEIA) 2022:
- To recognize outstanding work and innovative minds of India in the area of Energy Efficiency, NEEIA awards were started in the year 2021.
- The awards are evaluated based on Replicability, Affordability, Reliability, Impact on Energy Savings and Impact on Environment & Sustainability.
National Painting Competition 2022:
- To continually bring change in society towards conservation and efficient use of energy, the Ministry of Power has been organising the National Painting Competition on Energy Conservation since 2005.
- The competition is held in three stages, namely, School, State and National Level.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency has developed a Mobile Application to facilitate in-vehicle navigation to the nearest public EV charger, a website to disseminate information on various central and state-level initiatives to promote e-mobility in the country, and a web-portal to enable CPOs to register their charging details securely into the National Online Database.
- The Mobile application titled “EV Yatra” has been designed and developed to facilitate in-vehicle navigation to the nearest public EV charger.
Q1) Who won the National Energy Efficiency Innovation award 2022?
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), ISRO won the National Energy Efficiency Innovation Award 2022 for Hybrid Capacitor Battery for Space Transportation.