National Farmer's Day being observed on December 23.
About National Farmer's Day:
- National Farmer's Day is celebrated every year.
- National Farmer's Day is being observed on December 23 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the fifth Prime Minister of India, Chaudhary Charan Singh, and his contributions towards the upliftment of farmers in the country.
- The Kisan Leader, Chaudhary Charan Singh, served as president from July 28, 1979, until January 14, 1980.
- In 2001, the government declared Kisan Diwas in honor of Charan Singh's birth anniversary.
- On this day, awareness campaigns and drives are organised across the country to educate people about the role of farmers and their contribution to the economy.
Q1) When was the first Farmers Day celebrated in India?
National Farmers' Day is observed to honour and acknowledge the contribution of farmers in our lives. The day is also celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Shri Choudhary Charan Singh, the fifth Prime Minister of India. The first Kisan Divas was celebrated in the year 2001.