Recently, the Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways inaugurated The National Logistics Portal (Marine) in New Delhi.
About National Logistics Portal Marine:
- The National Logistic Portal (marine) (NLP) is a project of national importance, as envisaged by the Ministry of Ports Shipping Waterways and the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Aim: To use IT to connect all logistics community stakeholders, to improve efficiency and transparency by reducing costs and time delays and achieving easier, faster, and more competitive service offerings.
Key Features of the Portal
- NLP will serve as a single point of contact for all logistics trade processes across the country, including all modes of transportation via waterways, roads, and airways.
- The activities of NLP Marine are categorized into four distinct verticals
- Cargo Banking and Finance
- Regulatory Bodies and Participating Government Agencies (PGAs).
- The Latch On feature facilitates the trade in providing the required features that are not directly embedded into NLP Marine, by linking through systems developed by other agencies seamlessly without duplication of efforts.
- It is envisaged that many standalone applications, developed by multiple vendors, users, and other stakeholders will integrate with NLP Marine through appropriate curation.
- It also enables digital transactions for payments required for the clearance processes such as Port charges, CFS charges, shipping line charges, transportation charges.
Q1) What is Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is an initiative launched by the Government of India to establish a comprehensive framework and reduce infrastructural gaps in the fisheries sector.