About National Mission for Cultural Mapping:
- It was launched in 2017 by the Union Ministry of Culture
- Aim: To develop a comprehensive database of art forms, artists and other resources across the country.
- The government has identified and documented distinctive features of more than one lakh villages across the country.
- In this cultural asset mapping, villages have been broadly divided into seven-eight categories based on mythological ecological, developmental and scholastic importance.
- The Culture Ministry had approved a budget of ₹469 crores for the mission in 2017 for a period of three years.
- Detailed field surveys were carried out by joint teams of the Culture Ministry and the Common Services Centres (CSC), under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Q1) What is a Culture?
Culture can be defined as the shared beliefs, values, customs, behaviors, and artifacts that characterize a group or society. It encompasses the ideas, attitudes, and traditions that are passed down from generation to generation and shape the way people live their lives.