Recently, the 5th meeting of High Powered Monitoring Committee (HPMC) under National SC-ST Hub scheme was chaired by Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
About National SC-ST Hub scheme:
- Objective of National SC-ST Hub: Develop a supportive ecosystem for SC/ST entrepreneurs to achieve the mandated 4% procurement by the CPSEs from the SC/ST entrepreneurs as laid down in Central Government Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises.
- Scheme applicable for: Existing and Aspiring SC/ST Entrepreneurs.
- Key Benefits:
- To achieve 4% Public Procurement target from SC-ST entrepreneurs.
- Facilitating SC/ST Entrepreneurs to be part of vendor development programs and mentoring support.
- Collection, collation and dissemination of information regarding SC/ST enterprises and entrepreneurs.
- Distribution of trade specific tool kits to trained candidates.
- The key action areas: Vendor development, participation in public procurement, building reliable database, credit facilitation, technology upgradation, marketing support, and special subsidies under various schemes etc.
Source : PIB