Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone and dedicate to the nation multiple scientific projects worth over five thousand eight hundred crore rupees on the occasion of National Technology Day in New Delhi.
About National Technology Day:
- The Technology Development Board (TDB) a statutory body of the Department of Science & Technology (DST) celebrates May 11 every year as National Technology Day to commemorate achievements of innovations and technological excellence in the country.
- The day has a historical perspective:
- On May 11, 1998, India successfully carried out nuclear tests at Pokhran.
- The first indigenous aircraft "Hansa-3" was test flown at Bangalore on this day; and
- India also performed successful test firing of the Trishul missile on the same day.
- Since 1999, the day is being celebrated as National Technology Day.
Q1) What is Trishul missile?
Trishul is a quick reaction, low level missile system being developed in surface to air role with the capability to engage targets upto 9 km, and as anti sea skimming missile against low level missiles.