Union Health Ministry designated Padma Shri, Khel Ratna Arjuna Awardee and the President of the Paralympic Committee of India Deepa Malik as Nikshay Mitra ambassador.
About Nikshay Mitra:
- It is an initiative under Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan.
- It is an initiative launched by President Droupadi Murmu which strives to provide aid to TB-afflicted patients on three levels of nutritional, additional diagnostic, and vocational support.
- It aims to eradicate the existing societal stigma and discrimination against TB patients and provide them with much-needed nutritional and social support, and help them lead a normal life.
- It also aims to encourage elected representatives, corporates, NGOs, and individuals to come forward as donors/sponsors to help the patients complete their journey toward recovery.
- Ni-kshay 2.0 portal: The Ni-kshay 2.0 portal provides a digital platform for extending community support to persons with TB and leveraging Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) opportunities.
- Timeframe: Support can be extended to persons with TB, for a minimum duration of one year and a maximum of three years, in any block or district across the country.
Source : All India Radio