Recently, the Women and Child Development Minister introduced NIPUN BHARAT in Rajya Sabha.
About NIPUN BHARAT:
- It has been launched as a National Mission called “National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN Bharat)” in 2021.
- Aim: To ensure that every child in the country necessarily attains foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.
- A five-tier implementation mechanism will be set up at the National- State- District- Block- School level in all States and UTs, under the aegis of the centrally sponsored scheme of Samagra Shiksha.
- It is one of the components of the NEP 2020.
- Implementing agency: The Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education.
Q1) What is Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan?
Samagra Shiksha is an overarching programme for the school education sector extending from pre-school to class 12. The scheme has been prepared with the broader goal of improving school effectiveness measured in terms of equal opportunities for schooling and equitable learning outcomes.
Source: Parliament Ses