The Nyaya Vikas Portal has been created for monitoring the implementation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme, Nyay Vikas.
About Nyaya Vikas Portal:
- This portal helps in empowering stakeholders with seamless access to information about funding, documentation, project monitoring and approval.
Key features of the Nyay Vikas Scheme
- The Department of Justice has been implementing the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for the Development of Infrastructure Facilities for Districts and Subordinate Judiciary since 1993-94.
- Under the Scheme, central assistance is provided to the State Government / UT Administrations for the construction of court halls and residential units for Judicial Officers / Judges of District and Subordinate Courts.
- The funds sharing pattern under the Scheme for Center and State is 60:40 in respect of States other than North Eastern and Himalayan States.
- The funds sharing pattern is 90:10 in respect of North Eastern and Himalayan States and 100% in respect of Union Territories.
- The portal has been created for monitoring the implementation of this Scheme.
Q1) What is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme?
A Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) is a type of scheme or program in India that is implemented by both the central government and state governments. Under a CSS, the central government provides financial assistance to the states for the implementation of specific programs or initiatives in various sectors.