About ONDC Academy:
- It is an initiative of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) initiative to create a facilitative model to help small retailers take advantage of digital commerce.
- It was launched by ONDC in collaboration with NSE Academy Ltd, a subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange.
- It is not an application, platform, intermediary, or software but a set of specifications designed to foster open, unbundled, and interoperable open networks.
- The academy is a repository of educational and informative textual and video content programmes in multiple Indian languages.
- It will provide a curated learning experience providing guidance and best practices for a successful e-commerce journey.
- Anyone without any knowledge of e-commerce can learn how to make a seller app with a technology service provider to aggregate all sellers from a nearby marketplace to make these products available online.
- It would also enable certification issued by NSE Academy to individuals completing an assessment developed by the institute.
Key Facts about ONDC
- It is a Section 8 company, under the initiative of DPIIT with a mission to democratize digital commerce.
- It develops and maintains the ONDC Protocol, an open technical standard similar to UPI, HTTP and SMTP.
- It comprises of buyer-side apps where consumers can place orders, seller-side apps that on board merchants and display their listings, and logistics platforms that handle deliveries.
Q1) What is E-commerce?
E-commerce, short for electronic commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods and services over the internet. It involves the transfer of money and data to execute online transactions between businesses, consumers, or a combination of both.