According to the Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, the PM GatiShakti National Master Plan has the potential to save over Rs. 10 Lakh Crore annually by improving logistics efficiency.
About PM GatiShakti:
- The PM GatiShakti National Master Plan was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 13, 2021.
- It is a digital platform to bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for integrated planning and coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects.
- It will facilitate the last mile connectivity of infrastructure and reduce logistics costs.
- It will incorporate the infrastructure schemes of various Ministries and State Governments like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, UDAN etc.
- Economic Zones like textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defence corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, agri zones will be covered to improve connectivity & make Indian businesses more competitive.
Source : PIB