PM KISAN App:
- The newly launched application has the feature of face Authentication.
- From this app farmers can complete e-KYC remotely, sitting at home easily by scanning their face without OTP or fingerprint.
- The app was designed and developed by the National Informatics Centre in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Key facts about PM Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
- It is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
- Objective: The scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income.
- Benefits and Eligibility Conditions:
- Under the scheme an income support of 6,000/- per year in three equal instalments will be provided to all land-holding farmer families.
- The definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The following categories of beneficiaries shall not be eligible for benefits under the scheme:
- All Institutional Landholders.
- Farmer families which belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carry out profession by undertaking practices
Q1) What is the National Informatics Centre?
The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is a premier information technology organization in India that provides e-governance support and services to the government at various levels. Established in 1976, NIC operates under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) of the Government of India.