About Pobitora wildlife sanctuary:
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in the flood plains of River Brahmaputra in the district of Morigaon in the state of Assam.
- It harbors the highest density of Rhino in the world and the second highest concentration of Rhino in Assam after Kaziranga National Park.
- It is often called ‘Mini Kaziranga’ because of the similar landscape and the sizeable population of the one-horned rhino.
- Fauna: Leopard, Leopard cat, Fishing cat, Jungle cat, Feral Buffalo, Wild pigs, Chinese pangolins, etc.
- Flora: Its maximum consists of the wet savannah of Arundo donax and Saccharum. The remaining area is covered by water bodies.
Q1) What is the savanna biome?
It is often described as an area of grassland with dispersed trees or clusters of trees. The lack of water makes the savanna a difficult place for tall plants such as trees to grow.Grasses and trees that grow in the savanna have adapted to life with little water and hot temperatures.