The Adani Group recently acquired the strategic Israeli port of Haifa for USD 1.2 billion.
About Haifa Port:
- Location: It is located in northern Israel, adjacent to the city of Haifa along the Mediterranean sea.
- It is also located on the busy Suez Canal shipping route.
- The Haifa port is one of the two biggest commercial ports in Israel.
- It handles nearly half of the country's container cargo and is also the nation's principal port for passenger traffic and cruise ships.
- It has a natural deep-water harbor, which operates all year long.
- The facility features two container terminals and two multi-cargo terminals.
- The Port of Haifa was constructed in 1933 by the British. Since 1948, it has been rebuilt and developed by the Israeli government.
Q1) Which all countries have borders with Israel?
Israelborders Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and the Palestinian territories of West Bank and the Gaza Strip; it shares maritime borders with Cyprus.