Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya received 1,15,161 visitors upto 30th September, 2022. The Sangrahalaya was opened for public on 21st April 2022.
About Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya:
- The Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya is a tribute to every Prime Minister of India since Independence, and a narrative record of how each one has contributed to the development of our nation over the last 75 years.
- The logo of the Sangrahalaya shows hands holding the dharma chakra, symbolising the nation and democracy.
- The Sangrahalaya will also include the Nehru Museum.
- It is located at the iconic Teen Murti complex.
- From the freedom struggle to the framing of the Constitution, the museum will have displays that showcase stories of how the respective Prime Ministers steered the nation.
- Personal items, gifts and memorabilia like medals, commemorative stamps, speeches of PMs and anecdotal representations of ideologies will be on display at the museum.
- The Teen Murti Bhawan, the site of the new museum, was the official residence of Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India.
- The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) was set up in his memory on its premises as an autonomous institution under the Union Culture Ministry.
Source : PIB