Recently Union Home Minister launched ‘Prahari’ app for Border Security Force (BSF) Jawans.
Why in news?
BSF ‘Prahari’ app is a great example of Proactive Governance. Now Jawans can get personal and service-related information, housing, Ayushman-CAPF and leave related information on their mobile.
- Other features of the app include:
- Availability of Bio Data
- Grievance redressal on “Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System” (CP-GRAMS)
- information on various welfare schemes.
- The app will also connect the Jawans with the portal of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The Border Security Force (BSF)
- It is India's border guarding organisation on its border with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) of India, and was raised in the wake of the 1965 war on 1 December 1965.
- It comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- BSF contributes its personnel every year for UN Missions.
Q1) What is the main duty of BSF?
The main duty of BSP is to prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India, prevent smuggling and any other illegal activity and promote a sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
Q2) Who is the current director general of BSF?
CRPF Director-General Sujoy Lal Thaosen took the “additional” charge of the Border Security Force (BSF) following the retirement of incumbent Pankaj Kumar Singh.