The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), in collaboration with Generation India Foundation (GIF) and Amazon Web Services India Private Limited (AWS India) is providing ‘cloud’ skills training to 1,500 under project AMBER.
About Project AMBER:
- Accelerated Mission for Better Employment and Retention (AMBER) project is a joint initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) – under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) - and GIF create the necessary avenues.
- The initiative has been undertaken under the SANKALP programme of MSDE with a focus on women to improve gender diversification in the tech industry and underprivileged groups.
- This project aims to train 30,000 youth, 50% of whom will be women.
- Features the project
- As part of this collaboration, the learners take part in AWS (re/Start), a workforce development program for unemployed and underemployed individuals.
- It covers fundamental AWS cloud skills as well as practical career tips, including resume writing and interview preparation.
- Through real-world scenario-based exercises, labs, and coursework, learners are trained in multiple technologies, including Linux, Python, networking, security, and relational databases.
- The program also covers the cost for learners to take the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification exam, an industry-recognized credential that validates their cloud skills and knowledge and connects the participants with job interview opportunities in cloud or IT with local employers.
- It will bring entry-level talent into the workforce and helps individuals to launch successful cloud careers, organizations to increase their competitive edge with in-demand talent, and communities.
Key facts about SANKALP Programme
- The Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) programme was launched in 2018.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
- It is a World Bank loan-assisted project and is aligned with the overall objectives of the National Skill Development Mission (NSDM).
- The project focuses on transforming the overall skilling ecosystem of India, covering both central and state-level agencies for improved outcomes.
Q1) What is Cloud computing?
Cloud computing is on-demand access, via the internet, to computing resources—applications, servers (physical servers and virtual servers), data storage, development tools, networking capabilities, and more—hosted at a remote data center managed by a cloud services provider (or CSP).