Tribal Affairs Minister recently launched Marketing and Logistics Development for Promotion of Tribal Products from North-Eastern Region (PTP-NER) scheme in Manipur.
About PTP-NER Scheme:
- It has been introduced for the benefit of Scheduled Tribes of the North-Eastern Region.
- Vision: To strengthen livelihood opportunities for tribal artisans through increased efficiency in procurement, logistics and marketing of tribal products from North Eastern States.
- Applicability: It will apply to the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim.
- As part of the scheme, it is planned to initiate the empanelment of tribal artisans from the North Eastern Region by organizing 68 Tribal Artisan Melas (TAMs) in various districts of the region.
- The TAMs will be organised in consultation and support of District Administration and other relevant organisations/ departments working in the field etc.
- The programme also includes regular Design & Skill Development training sessions tailored to the needs of the market for tribal recipients.
- Implementing Partners: North Eastern Handicrafts and Handlooms Development Corporation (NEHHDC), India Post under the Department of Posts, and other North Eastern State Government Departments/ Agencies.
- India Post will provide logistics support in order to meet the scheme's goals.
Q1) What is North Eastern Handicrafts and Handlooms Development Corporation (NEHHDC)?
NEHHDC is a CPSE working for the development of Artisans and Weavers of the North Eastern Region under the Ministry of DoNER.
Source: Shri Arjun Munda Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launches Central Sector Scheme “Marketing and Logistics Development for Promotion of Tribal Products from North Eastern Region (PTP-NER)” in Manipur today