Railway Minister recently clarified that the over 26,000 candidates skilled under the “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana” until November 2023 will not receive preferential treatment for jobs within the Indian Railways.
About Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- It was launched by Indian Railways in September 2021 with the noble objective of providing technical skill training to youth across various industry-relevant trades.
- Launched to address the needs of candidates within the age bracket of 18 to 35, the program was designed to equip them with the necessary skills for jobs across various sectors.
- Key Features:
- Targeted Skill Development:
- The program is designed to address the specific skill gaps prevalent in the job market.
- By focusing on industry-relevant technical trades, it seeks to equip participants with practical knowledge and hands-on experience crucial for technical jobs across industries.
- Accessible Training Locations: Recognizing the diversity and vast geographical spread of potential participants, the scheme ensures accessibility by establishing training centers at various locations across the country.
- Age-Appropriate Training: With a specific emphasis on the age group of 18 to 35, the program targets individuals at a crucial stage in their professional development.
- Collaboration with Industry Experts:
- To ensure the relevance and effectiveness of the training modules, the scheme involves collaboration with industry experts and professionals.
- This collaboration enhances the quality of the training and aligns the program with the evolving requirements and advancements in the industries.
- Certification and Recognition:
- Successful completion of the program results in certifications that are recognized by the Railways.
- These certifications serve as tangible proof of the participants' acquired skills and can enhance their employability in the job market.
Q1) What is Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)?
PMKVY is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). The objective of this Skill Certification scheme is to enable Indian youth to take up industry relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.