India and Bangladesh commenced the 11th edition of exercise SAMPRITI on 03rd October 2023 in Umroi, Meghalaya.
About Exercise SAMPRITI:
- It is an annual joint military exercise between India and Bangladesh.
- It was started in Jorhat, Assam in 2009, the exercise has witnessed ten successful editions till 2022.
- This exercise, alternatingly organised by both countries, signifies strong bilateral defence cooperation initiatives.
- SAMPRITI-XI, scheduled for 14 days, will engage approximately 350 personnel from both sides.
- The exercise underscores the importance of enhancing interoperability between the two armies, sharing tactical drills, and promoting best practices.
- The exercise will also witness participation by personnel from diverse units such as artillery, engineers and other supporting arms and services from both sides.
- Centered on the conduct of Sub-Conventional Operations as per Chapter VII of the UN mandate, SAMPRITI-XI will include a Command Post Exercise (CPX) and a Field Training Exercise (FTX), culminating in a Validation Exercise.
- This exercise promises to further enhance defence cooperation between India and Bangladesh, fostering deeper bilateral relations, cultural understanding, and mutual benefits from shared experiences in Sub Conventional Operations.
Q1) What is Command Post Exercise?
A Command Post Exercise (CPX) is a type of military training exercise that focuses on the planning, coordination, and decision-making aspects of military operations, often in a simulated or controlled environment. CPXs are designed to evaluate the ability of military commanders, staff officers, and their supporting teams to effectively manage and respond to various scenarios and crises.