Sangeet Natak Akademi organized a variety of cultural programmes at the India Gate Lawns in New Delhi as part of a campaign named, Kalanjali.
About Sangeet Natak Akademi:
- Under Kalanjali , cultural programmes are to be organised at Central Vista every week. The programmes organised included Chenda Melam, Kathak Dance, Puppet Show, Manipuri Dance.
- Panchari Melam is a percussion ensemble, performed during temple festivals in Kerala, India. Panchari Melam (or simply panchari), is one of the major forms of Chenda Melam (ethnic drum ensemble), and is the best-known and most popular in the kshetramvadyam (temple percussion) genre.
- Kathak is one of the eight major forms of Indian classical dance. It is the classical dance form of Uttar Pradesh.
- Puppetry is a form of theatre or performance that involves the manipulation of puppets – inanimate objects, that are animated or manipulated by a human called a puppeteer.
- Manipuri Dance: Manipuri dancesencompasses both classical and folk dance forms. The Raas Leela is one of the major Indian classical dance forms.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi – The national Academy of Music, Dance and Drama was created by a resolution of the (then) Ministry of Education dated 31 May 1952. The Akademi became functional the following year, with the appointment of its first Chairman, Dr P.V. Rajamannar.
- Financed by the government of India, the Akademi functions as an autonomous organization under Ministry of Culture, and is registered under the Societies Registration Act.
- The scheme of Financial Assistance to Cultural Institution is one of several schemes formulated by the Akademi to further its objectives.
Source : PIB