Recently, the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) certified 98 trainers trained under the SANKALP programme.
About SANKALP Programme:
- The Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) programme was launched in 2018.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
- It is a World Bank loan-assisted project and is aligned with the overall objectives of the National Skill Development Mission (NSDM).
- The project focuses on transforming the overall skilling ecosystem of India, covering both central and state-level agencies for improved outcomes.
- It also encourages innovative best practices at the local level, resulting in enhanced access, quality and capacity in the skilling ecosystem and improved access to and completion of skills training for female trainees and other disadvantaged groups.
- Strategy: Under SANKALP four key result areas have been identified viz –
- Institutional Strengthening (at National, State & District level)
- Quality Assurance Quality Assurance of skill development programs;
- Inclusion of marginalised population in skill development; and
- Expanding Skills through Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs).
Q1) What is National Skill Development Mission?
The National Skill Development Mission (NSDM) is an initiative launched by the Government of India in 2015 to empower the country's workforce with the necessary skills to enhance employability and promote economic growth. The mission aims to create a skilled workforce that can meet the demands of various industries and sectors.