The Prime Minister has expressed happiness over the renovation of Shree Saptakoteshwar Devasthan, Narve, Bicholim in Goa.
H1:About Saptakoteshwar Temple:
- The original Saptakoteshwar Temple was built around the twelfth century by the Kadamba dynasty in Narve on Divar Island.
- The main deity of this temple is Shiva.
- There is a small entrance marked with bells, while the main five pillared halls are decorated with arches.
- Intricate designs adorn the ceiling while the sanctorum wall is composed of plain wood.
- The mandapa of the temple is built in a distinctly European style, which is quite interesting to watch. Laterite and stone caves surround the temple.
- Maratha King Shivaji ordered the rebuilding of the Saptakoteshwar temple and the installation of the linga in its proper location. This order is still mentioned on a stone plaque near the temple's entrance.
Q1) What are the famous inscriptions of the Kadamba dynasty?
Inscriptions of the Kadamba history were written in sanskrit and Kannada and some of the important inscriptions that throw light on this ancient ruling family of Karnataka are Talagunda, Gundanur, Chandravalli, Halasi and Halmidi.