Recently, the Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister launched the SATHI Portal and Mobile App.
About SATHI Portal:
- The Seed Traceability, Authentication and Holistic Inventory (SATHI) portal is a Centralized Online System designed to deal with the challenges of seed production, quality seed identification and seed certification.
- It has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) in collaboration with the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare on the theme of ‘Uttam Beej – Samriddh Kisan.
- There will be a QR code under this system, through which the seeds can be traced.
- It will ensure a quality assurance system, and identify the source of seed in the seed production chain.
- The system will consist of integrated 7 verticals of the seed chain - Research Organisation, Seed Certification, Seed Licensing, Seed Catalogue, Dealer to Farmer Sales, Farmer Registration and Seed DBT.
- Seeds with valid certification can only be sold by valid licensed dealers to centrally registered farmers who will receive a subsidy through DBT directly into their pre-validated bank accounts.
Key facts about the National Informatics Centre
- It was established in the year 1976 to provide technology-driven solutions to Central and State Governments.
- It works under the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
Q1) What are Gymnosperms?
Gymnosperms are a group of plants that have naked seeds, meaning their seeds are not enclosed in a protective ovary or fruit. Instead, the seeds of gymnosperms are usually borne on the surface of specialized structures, such as cones or scales.