Ministry of Power recently launched scheme for Procurement of Aggregate Power of 4500 MW for five years under SHAKTI Policy.
About SHAKTI Policy:
- The scheme will help states that are facing power shortage and help generation plants to increase their capacities.
- PFC Consulting Limited has been designated as the nodal agency. It has invited bids for the supply of 4,500 MW electricity.
- The supply will commence from April 2023.
- The utilities that have shown interest for the scheme are Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd, Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd, Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company Ltd, New Delhi Municipal Corporation and Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd.
- It is for the first time that bidding is being carried out under B(v) of SHAKTI scheme.
- SHAKTI, or Scheme for Harnessing and Allocating Koyala Transparently in India, was launched in 2018.
- It aims to provide coal to stressed power units which lack coal supply.
Source : All India Radio