Minister of State for Defence said in the Rajya Sabha that 26 thousand defence items have been uploaded on SRIJAN Portal.
About SRIJAN Portal:
- Pursuant to the Atmanirbhar Bharat announcement, the Department of Defence Production has developed an indigenization portal
- It will give information on items that can be taken up for indigenization by the private sector.
- On this portal, DPSUs/OFB/SHQs can display the items which they have been importing or are going to import which the Indian Industry can design, develop and manufacture as per their capability or through a joint venture with OEMs.
- The Indian Industry will be able to show their interest. The concerned DPSUs/OFB/SHQs, based on their requirement of the items and their guidelines & procedures will interact with the Indian industry for indigenization.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Defence.
Q1) What is the role of DPSU in India?
India has eight Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) under the control of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence (MoD). These Undertakings together with 39 Defence Ordnance Factories (OFs) form the backbone of India's defence production, and are responsible for making India.