Russia has recently begun using its new T-14 Armata battle tanks to fire on Ukrainian positions.
About T-14 Armata battle tank:
- It is a new Russian Main Battle Tank (MBT).
- It is designed by the Russian Defense Company Uralvagonzavod.
- It has an unmanned turret, with crew remotely controlling the armaments from "an isolated armoured capsule located in the front of the hull.
- Maximum Speed: 75 km/h.
- The tank has a maximum range of 500 km on internal fuel.
- It is operated by a crew of 3 men, including a commander, gunner and driver.
- It is one of the most protected MBTs in the world. It has newly-developed composite base armour made of steel, ceramics and other materials.
- The tank is armed with a 2A82 (or 2A82-1M) 125 mm smoothbore gun.
- It is capable of firing gun-launched anti-tank guided missiles in the same manner as ordinary projectiles. These missiles have a range of about 5 km and can also target low-flying helicopters.
Q1) What is a Main Battle Tank (MBT)?
Main battle tanks are regarded as one of the most important components of modern armies. The main battle tank is a tank that fills many modern armies' maneuver and armor-protected direct-fire roles.