Recently, a youth delegation from Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh who are attending Tribal Youth Exchange Programme (TYEP) called on the President of India.
About Tribal Youth Exchange Programme
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan organizes Tribal Youth Exchange Programme for the development of tribal youth with the support of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- To provide an opportunity to the tribal youth of 30 selected districts of 07 states for an exposure visit to 10 different places of the country to understand the cultural ethos, language, lifestyles of the people depicting Socio –economic & Cultural Development & Development process unity in the diversity aspect of our national life.
- To expose tribal youth to the technological and industrial advancement that have taken place in different states of the country with focus on various developmental activities, skill development, educational & employment opportunities available there.
- To sensitize the tribal youth about their rich traditional & cultural heritage and enable them to preserve it for the future generation.
- To help the tribal youth to develop emotional linkages with their peer groups in other part of the country and enhance their self esteem.
- To provide opportunities to the participants for interactions with Hon’ble President of India, PM & CM, Governor & other VIPs, the local communities, Panchayati Raj Institutions and the youths affiliated with the NYKS Youth Clubs so as understand development issues, seek guidance for their involvement in the process of development.
- To develop personality of the tribal youth by enhancing their understanding of Ten Core Life Skills, identify their skill development oriented training needs and fulfilment of their legitimate career aspirations through Employable Skills, Scheme of Government of India and State Govt and provide them necessary guidance and career counselling.
- To provide exposure to industry and Skill Development programme which can facilitate the provision of employment to the tribal youth?
- To provide literature on developmental schemes of the Centre & State pertaining to tribals.
Q1) What is Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS)?
It is a government organization in India that operates under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It was established in 1972 and plays a pivotal role in youth development and empowerment. The primary objective of NYKS is to channelize the energy and enthusiasm of the country's youth towards nation-building activities and community service.