Recently, the Union Minister of Education launched the logo, slogan-Jan Jan Sakshar and mobile application of ULLAS in New Delhi.
About ULLAS Initiative:
- The Understanding Lifelong Learning for All in Society (ULLAS) initiative is poised to revolutionise education and literacy across the nation.
- It is done by fostering a learning ecosystem that reaches every individual, bridging the gaps in basic literacy and critical life skills.
- It imparts basic education, digital and financial literacy and critical life skills to citizens aged 15 and above who lost on the opportunity to go to school. It is being implemented through volunteerism.
- Slogan of the Initiative: ULLAS: Nav Bharat Saksharta Karyakram.
- For this purpose ULLAS app was launched which is user-friendly and interactive app available both on android and ios.
- It will serve as a digital gateway for learners to engage in diverse learning resources through the DIKSHA portal of NCERT.
- The ULLAS app can be used for registration of learners and volunteers either through self-registration or by surveyors.
- This app will focus on promoting functional literacy, vocational skills, and many important life skills like financial literacy, legal literacy, digital literacy, and empowerment of citizens to involve in nation-building of the country.
- It also fosters a culture of continuous learning and knowledge-sharing in communities across India.
Q1) What are Vocational skills?
Vocational skills, also known as technical or trade skills, refer to the specific abilities and knowledge required to perform a particular job or occupation. These skills are typically acquired through hands-on training, practical experience, and specialized education, rather than traditional academic learning.