Union Home Minister recently asked Border Security Force (BSF) to strengthen Vibrant Village Programme and ensure welfare programmes are implemented.
- Vibrant Villages Programme (VVP) has been announced in the Finance Minister’s Budget Speech 2022.
- VVP is aiming at enhancing infrastructure in villages along India's border with China, in states like Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Activities under the VVP include building infrastructure such as housing, tourist centres, road connectivity, providing decentralised renewable energy, direct-to-home access for Doordarshan and educational channels, and support for livelihood generation.
- The programme envisages coverage of border villages on Northern border having sparse population, limited connectivity and infrastructure, which often get left out from the development gains.
- Convergence of existing schemes is proposed under VVP. The villages on the Northern border to be covered under VVP are being finalised.
Q1) What do you mean by the Union Budget of India?
A Union budget also referred to as the Annual Financial Statement in Article 112 of the Constitution of India, is an estimation of the revenue and expenditure of the Central Government over a specified period which is usually one year.