Under the National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR), the Ministry of Education is pushing States to open Vidya Samiksha Kendras (VSKs).
About Vidya Samiksha Kendra
- Vidya Samiksha Kendra (VSKs) is a data repository which will have data from all schemes run by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
- The control rooms of this Kendras will collect data to track key performance indicators as well as analyse data collated from govt schemes ‘using AI & machine-learning.’
- This repository will include regularly updated data from
- The PM-POSHAN mid-day meal programmes;
- Teacher training data from National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement portal;
- Textbook content from Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing;
- School dropout and attendance-related data on Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE+);
- Students’ learning outcomes from National Achievement Survey;
- Performance Grading Index which evaluates school education system at the State/U.T. level.
- Funding: The Centre has allocated funds ranging from 2 to 5 crore rupees to each State for adopting and establishing VSKs.
- The idea of developing VSKs is also to map the school location layer with the population layer to assess the Gross Access Ratio.
- It can help plan for new schools, or for industry clusters to understand skilling requirements of the area, and help plan higher educational institutions based on demand and future scenarios.
Q1) What is DIKSHA Platform?
It is a national platform for school education, an initiative of the National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT), Ministry of Education.It provides e-content for schools via an online portal and a mobile application.