About Aadi Mahotsav:
- It is an annual Tribal Festival that was started in the year 2017.
- It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
- Aim: It aimed to familiarise the people with the rich and diverse craft, and the culture of the tribal communities, in one place.
- Theme: “A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Crafts, Culture and Commerce”
Key facts About TRIFED
- TRIFED came into existence in 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, of 1984.
- It is a national-level apex organization functioning under the administrative control of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Objectives of the Organisation: Socio-economic development of tribal people in the country by way of marketing development of tribal products.
- The organisation assists tribal people in exploring and creating opportunities to market the developed products in national and international markets on a sustainable basis.
- Under the TRIBES India brand, the sourced handcrafted products from the tribal people are sold.
Q1) What is the role of the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes?
It investigates and monitors all matters related to safeguarding the provisions for Scheduled Tribes under the Constitution and evaluating the working of those safeguards.