The Minister for Communications recently inaugurated AMRITPEX 2023 in New Delhi.
About AMRITPEX 2023,
- It is a National Philatelic Exhibition organised by the Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications.
- Stakeholders of AMRITPEX 2023: Ministry of Culture, Government of India and Philatelic Congress of India.
- Objective: National Philately Exhibition aims to introduce the new generation of Philately. This exhibition will include India's History, Culture, Art and Heritage through stamps.
- This exhibition will also include digital exhibits. Some of the attractions are the Wall of Philately, Mascot - VR Rooms, and Digital Charkha. Digital Kiosks – digital postcard, quiz and design are also a highlight.
- The art of collecting stamps, philately, is more than a hobby. Philately increased our knowledge of history, culture, art and nature and is a lifestyle choice that can help us connect and ground ourselves.
- Themes of AMRITPEX 2023: Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, Women Power, Youth Power, Nature and Wildlife and Culture and History.
Q1) What is philately?
It is the study of postage stamps, stamped envelopes, postmarks, postcards, and other materials relating to postal delivery.