What is Aspirational Block Programme?
- The Aspirational Blocks Programme is on the lines of the Aspirational District Programme that was launched in 2018 and covers 112 districts across the country.
- This new programme is aimed at improving performance of blocks lagging on various development parameters.
- This will enable holistic development in those areas that require added assistance.
- The programme will cover 500 districts across 31 states and Union Territories initially.
- Over half of these blocks are in 6 states—Uttar Pradesh (68 blocks), Bihar (61), Madhya Pradesh (42), Jharkhand (34), Odisha (29) and West Bengal (29).
What is Aspirational Districts Programme?
- It was launched in 2018 and aims to transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas.
- 3C Strategy: The broad contours of the programme
- Convergence (of Central & State Schemes)
- Collaboration (of Central, State level ‘Prabhari’ Officers & District Collectors)
- Competition (among districts driven by a Mass Movement )
- Parameters for Ranking: The ranking is based on the incremental progress made across 49 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) under 5 broad socio-economic themes
- Health & Nutrition (30%)
- Education (30%)
- Agriculture & Water Resources (20%)
- Financial Inclusion & Skill Development (10%)
- Infrastructure (10%)
Q1) What is financial inclusion?
Financial inclusion means that individuals and businesses have access to useful and affordable financial products and services that meet their needs – transactions, payments, savings, credit and insurance – delivered in a responsible and sustainable way.