Recently, a revolutionary IoT-based automated soil testing and agronomy advisory platform, Bhu-Vision was officially launched at AICRP (ICAR-IIRR), Hyderabad.
- It is also known as KRISHI-RASTAA Soil Testing System.
- It has been jointly developed by ICAR-IIRR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research -Indian Institute of Rice Research) and KrishiTantra.
- This system seamlessly conducts 12 key soil parameter tests in just 30 minutes.
- It provides quick and accurate results directly to farmers and stakeholders through a soil health card on their mobile devices.
Key facts about Indian Institute of Rice Research
- It was established as All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Project (AICRIP) by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in 1965.
- Headquarter: Hyderabad.
- Basic and strategic research for enhancing rice productivity under irrigated ecosystem
- Coordination of multi-location testing to develop location specific varieties and technologies for various ecosystems.
- Dissemination of technologies, capacity building and establishing linkages
Q1) What is Soil ?
Soil is the natural, loose, and unconsolidated material found on the Earth's surface, composed of a combination of mineral particles, organic matter, water, air, and living organisms. It is a critical component of the Earth's ecosystem and plays a fundamental role in supporting life and various ecological processes.