About Grameen Udyami Scheme
- It was launched to augment skill training in tribal communities for inclusive and sustainable growth.
- It is funded by the National Skill Development Corporation.
- The project is being implemented in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Gujarat.
- It is implemented under the Sansadiya Sankul Pariyojana to expand the rural/local economy, enhance employment opportunities, reduce forced migration and also lead to the conservation of natural resources.
Key facts about the National Skill Development Corporation?
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a non-profit public limited company established on July 31, 2008, under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Ministry of Finance established it as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- The Government of India, through the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), owns 49% of NSDC, while the private sector owns the remaining 51%.
- The organisation provides funding to develop scalable and successful initiatives for vocational training.
Q1) What is TRIFED?
The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) is a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, which was established under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984.
Source:MoS Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar to attend the felicitation programme of 200 tribal women under the Grameen Udyami Scheme