About Hindustan 228-201 LW:
- It is a passenger aircraft developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It has a maximum take-off weight of 5695kgs with 19 passenger seating capacity.
- The aircraft would fall in the Sub-5700 kg aircraft category.
- It has reduced pilot qualification requirements enabling pilots with a commercial pilot license to fly the aircraft.
- Enhanced availability of a pilot pool for the aircraft.
- Reduced operational cost.
- Reduced training requirements for flying and ground crew, including aircraft maintenance engineers.
Q1) What is the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) ?
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation, primarily dealing with safety issues. It is responsible for regulation of air transport services to/from/within India and for enforcement of civil air regulations, air safety, and airworthiness standards.