Iran recently tested a homemade long-range, high-precision kamikaze drone named Meraj-532, equipped with a 50-kg warhead.
- It is a kamikaze drone equipped with a piston engine.
- It has a range of 450 km.
- It is capable of flying at a maximum altitude of 12,000 feet for three straight hours.
- It has a 50-kg warhead and can be assembled and prepared for flight easily, making it suitable for rapid reaction operations.
What is a Kamikaze Drone?
- A kamikaze drone, also called a suicide drone or, more formally, a loitering munition, is an unmanned aerial vehicle that is designed to self-destruct after serving its purpose.
- They can hover around the target area for some time (much longer than a cruise missile) and attack only once a target is located.
- It may also feature a built-in warhead or payload, which is intended to detonate during the engagement.
Q1) What is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle?
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is a type of aircraft that operates without a human pilot onboard. Recent technologies have allowed for the development of many different kinds of advanced unmanned aerial vehicles used for various purposes.