Recently, the Ministry of Rural Development under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) has launched the Prajjwala Challenge.
- Aim: To invite ideas, solutions and actions that can transform the rural economy this challenge has launched. This Mission is looking for ideas which are broadly categorised into
- Focus on Women and the Marginalized section of the community
- Localised Models
- Cost Effective solutions
- Multi-sectoral ideas and solutions
- Shortlisted ideas will be acknowledged by the Mission and will be provided mentorship support from an expert panel and incubation support to scale up. The top 5 ideas will be rewarded with Rs. 2 Lakh each.
What is DAY-NRLM?
- It is one of the flagship poverty alleviation programs which aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms for the rural poor, enabling them to increase household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improved access to financial services.
Q1) In which five-year plan National Rural Livelihoods Mission was introduced?
It was introduced during the 12th Five-Year Plan to reduce poverty by enabling poor households to access gainful self-employment.