The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) recently announced that Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni would be the chief guest and keynote speaker at the 8th Raisina Dialogue.
About Raisina Dialogue:
- It is India’s premier conference on geopolitics and geoeconomics, committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community.
- It is held annually since 2016 in New Delhi.
- The Dialogue is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion involving heads of state, cabinet ministers, and local government officials, who are joined by thought leaders from the private sector, media, and academia.
- It is organized by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
About Observer Research Foundation (ORF):
- Established in 1990, the ORF is an independent, nonpartisan think tank that conducts policy research on good governance, foreign policy, and sustainable economic development for India.
- ORF’s work spans a wide range of topics, including climate, energy, cyber issues and media, economic development, and national security.
- It provides non-partisan, independent, well-researched analyses and inputs to diverse decision-makers in governments, business communities, academia, and to civil society around the world.
- Mandate: It seeks to lead and aid policy thinking towards building a strong and prosperous India in a fair and equitable world.
Q1: What is Shangri-La Dialogue?
Shangri-La Dialogue is Asia's premier defence summit. It’s a unique meeting where ministers debate the region’s most pressing security challenges, engage in important bilateral talks and come up with fresh approaches together.Since its launch in 2002 by the British think tank IISS with the support of the Singaporean government, the Shangri-La Dialogue, officially known as the Asia Security Summit.