China has started promoting Rice bran as the staple food amid the ongoing food shortage in the country.
About Rice bran:
- Rice bran is one of the main byproducts in the process of the rice milling.
- It is the outer brown layer of brown rice and is separated during the milling process.
- The bran fraction contains 14-18% oil.
- Rice bran oil is a good source of unsaturated fats, vitamin E, and other important nutrients.
- It is currently mostly used as animal feed.
- The health effects of RB including antidiabetic, lipid-lowering, hypotensive, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory effects, while its consumption also improves bowel function.
Q1) What are the byproducts of rice milling?
The byproducts of the RICE milling process are fine broken rice, rice germ, husks and bran. Rice bran, rice husk, and broken rice have industrial and bioactive applications for humans and animals