ISRO inks MoU with Social Alpha to establish SpaceTech Innovation Network.
About Space tech Innovation Network:
- SpIN is India’s first dedicated platform for innovation, curation, and venture development for the burgeoning space entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- The tie-up is a one-of-a-kind public-private collaboration for start-ups and SMEs in the space industry.
- SpIN will primarily focus on facilitating space tech entrepreneurs in three distinct innovation categories:
- Geospatial Technologies and Downstream Applications;
- Enabling Technologies for Space & Mobility;
- Aerospace Materials, Sensors, and Avionics.
- Social Alpha is a multistage innovation curation and venture development platform for science and technology start-ups that address the most critical social, economic, and environmental challenges through the power of entrepreneurship and market-creating innovations.
- Since its inception in 2016, Social Alpha has supported more 200 start-ups including 60+ seed investments.
Q1) What is Avionics?
Avionics is a category of electronic systems and equipment specifically designed for use in aviation.
Source: The Hindu