About High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS):
- It is a light multiple rocket launcher.
- It is manufactured by Lockheed Martin Corporation, a US-based security and aerospace company.
- It is an air-transportable wheeled launcher mounted on 5-ton Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV).
- It can fire six guided missiles in quick succession.
- Himars fires GPS-guided missiles which can be more accurately targeted.
- The missiles supplied to Ukraine have a range of up to 50 miles (80 km).
- Himars can also fire a single Army Tactical Missile System missile, which has a range of 186 miles (300 km).
Q1) What is meant by artillery?
Artillery refers to large-caliber guns — guns with big barrels — which can be moved from one place to another for land battles. The artillery is also the name for the army unit that uses these big guns.