About Inca Civilization:
- Inca Civilization flourished in ancient Peru between c. 1400 and 1533 CE.
- It is the largest empire ever seen in the Americas and the largest in the world at that time.
- Inca society was highly stratified.
- The emperor ruled with the aid of an aristocratic bureaucracy.
- Inca technology and architecture were highly developed.
- Their economy was based on agriculture.
- The Inca religion combined features of animism, fetishism, and the worship of nature gods.
- The Inca language Quechua is still spoken by around eight million people in the world.
- The descendants of the Inca are the present-day Quechua-speaking peasants of the Andes, who constitute around 45 percent of the population of Peru.
Q1) What is Machu Picchu?
It is a 15th-century Inca siteMachu Picchu is located 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Cuzco, Peru, in the Cordillera de Vilcabamba of the Andes Mountains.